As a Payroll Accountant, you will be responsible for Egypt and Yemen payroll, TG and staff payroll deductions within the Egypt cluster. This post will be part of the Financial Accounting Team supporting Egypt cluster. This is a good opportunity to work in a cluster and perform payroll for other countries within the cluster as well.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly local staff salaries calculation; report month to month reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly GBP supplement calculation; report month to month reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly teaching center salaries; report month to month reconciliation.
- Check overtime and TOIL claims in line with TACOS (local terms and conditions) and policy.
- Reconcile Social Insurance GL account and prepare monthly payments.
- Prepare online payments on HSBC and sharing manual cheques figures to Business Operation team.
- Prepare Direct Cost Staff Assignments and sharing it with Central Planning team.
- Control staff loans and advances on SAP and report offline monthly reconciliation.
- Calculate monthly terminal gratuity (TG) provision and quarterly record on SAP; keep TG GLs up to date on SAP and matching offline sheets.
- Ensure proper coding of the staff salaries to the correct Cost Centers.
- Prepare final payments for leaving staff and ensure no unsettled commitments or eligibilities between the employee and the council or between the council and the bank.
- Provide Senior Accountant with the forecasted cash outflow related to payroll payments.
- Control Reimbursement of Operational Entitlements for UKA staff where applicable.
- Reconcile SAP payroll charges with HR on monthly basis.
- We are looking for someone with a good level of written and spoken English (Aptis B1)
- You should either have a University Degree along with 2 years of relevant accounting experience.
- A major in Accounting
- Experience working with SAP / Payroll systems eg. MenaME.
- Company: British Council
- Location: Cairo,Egypt
- Application Deadline: 2 March 2021
- Salary offered for this position: 7709 EGP