About This Course
English for Career Development is designed for high-beginner to low-intermediate non-native English speakers. This course will guide you through the job application process while expanding your vocabulary and language skills at the same time.
This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path, while building your vocabulary and improving your languagea skills to achieve your professional goals.
- module 1 introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills.
- Module 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume.
- Module 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter.
- Module 4 will focus on developing your networking.
- Module 5, the final unit of the course focuses on interview skills.
This course was developed by the University of Pennsylvania , sponsored by the U.S. Department of State.
- Enrollment Opens: April 3, 2023
- Course Starts: April 3, 2023
- Enrollment Closes: June 20, 2023
- Course End Date: June 26, 2023
Learning Objectives and Learner Outcomes
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the job search process in the United States and your home country.
- Describe your professional interests and talents and begin developing your professional profile.
- Produce your own 1-page resume which reflects your education, work experience, and skills.
- Produce your own cover letter and explain why you are the right person for the job.
- Describe yourself briefly in a networking elevator speech.