About the Internship
The Cairo Inventory Specialist is a key member of the Plant Planning & Logistics team of Cairo and will be responsible for Inventory Management to ensure adequate monitoring of inventory KPI’s such as WOS, AOS, MRB and products freshness, as well as maintaining the SAP & WH technologies power user activities such as SAP WM, ITS Mobile and GLS.
This role oversees inventory analysis ensuring proper inventory levels and managing inventory at risk while also ensuring the plant has an updated planning parameter which reflect the desired inventory policy for each SKU or products/ingredients group. The Inventory Specialist will collaborate with a cross functional teams within the plant.
This role will also be responsible for monitoring the products freshness to ensure that products are available for customer orders with adequate shelf life.
- Collaborate with Master Schedulers to develop a written inventory policy for all F.G SKU’s whether at SKU level or Product Group level, ensure that this policy is reviewed and updated frequently, and any change is reflected in SAP planning parameters with clear business rational.
- Monitoring the Finished Goods WOS every week, and identify the top 10 SKU’s per MRP controller with high WOS value to be analyzed by Master Schedulers vs. inventory policy and ensure there is a clear narrative and corrective actions in place.
- Monitoring the Ingredients WOS every week, and identify the top 10 SKU’s per MRP controller with high WOS value to be analyzed by Vendor Schedulers vs. inventory policy and ensure there is a clear narrative and corrective actions in place.
- Reporting the plant WOS results for both Ingredients and F.G on monthly basis with trend charts, and supported by narrative for off-track records and clear corrective actions with assigned owner/s for each action.
- Monitoring the Age of Stock (AOS) report for ingredients and F.G every week and identify the missing information in SAP to be shared with the owners (CRM for F.G, MS for BCH and VS for Ingredients and packaging materials).
- Follow up with all stakeholders to submit the missing information of AOS before the next report run.
- Maintaining the governance of AOS routines through measuring and analyzing the conformance to standard (% of missing information in AOS report, % of actions completion on time, Cost avoidance in USD).
- University/Bachelor’s Degree in Administration/Business/Economics/Engineering/supply Chain
- Supply chain preferably in food manufacturing, Engineering, Finance or Business Administration
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in working within cross functional teams
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent English spoken and written skills
- MS excel and power point experience