UNDP Egypt is seeking to select interns interested in developing their knowledge , the Communication Team is seeking to host an intern to support communication efforts for all UNDP projects and initiatives.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Communications Analyst, the Communications and Social Media Intern will assist in the implementation of the communications strategy and social media campaigns to ensure effective and efficient communication of UNDP with its partners, the media, and targeted audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
1- Social Media
- Support in the preparation and generation of social media content for UNDP Egypt social media platforms.
- Prepare social media analytics reports on regular basis.
- Support the social media coverage of UNDP’s events and conferences.
- Assist in planning and implementing new campaigning opportunities that promote UNDP’s mandate and key development solutions.
2- Media support
- Assist in writing press releases, human and success stories and feature articles related to the various projects and activities/events.
- Prepare media monitoring reports as requested.
3- Events and Multimedia support
- Assist in the Egypt Human Development Report launch event.
- Assist in the logistical and communication preparations of key events and activities in coordination with the various teams.
- Provide support in producing videos and infographics capturing key messages of UNDP’s Egypt work in Egypt.
- Assist any other duties as may be deemed necessary.
- University degree in the field of communications, public relations, business administration or related fields.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Ability to think creatively, work logically and precisely with attention to detail.
- Ability to write for social media clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or other design software is an asset.
- Field of study: All academic backgrounds welcome, but priority will be given to candidates with interdisciplinary experience, e.g., science and society, social sciences, arts and humanities, policy or equivalent. Background in agriculture is desired.