Internship DescriptionThe Internship Programme aims to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest academic experience in FAO’s domains. The Programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO.
Through the FAO internship experience, interns will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO's Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at
- .Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Members.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
How to Apply1- Create an account on the FAO website to start your submission.
2- Fill in the following information and upload the required files: (Personal information, education information, employment history, certificates … etc.)
3- Review and submit your application.