The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
The Internship Programme of Human Resources aims to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains. The Programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO. Through the FAO internship experience, interns will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO's Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
Duration: From 3 months to 11 months
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
How to Apply
1- Create an account on the FAO website to start your submission from here.
2- Fill in the following information and upload the required files: (Personal information, education information, employment history, certificates … etc.)
3- Review and submit your application.