The Office of the CTO at Dell Technologies is responsible for predicting future technology trends and recommending investment strategies based on those trends. The Data Office team uses leading technologies in order to use data to predict future technology trends.
You will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and products, and generating intellectual property. As a Data Engineering intern, you will join a global team of data scientists, data engineers, developers, researchers, and technologists in researching and applying the latest ML and DL technologies, leveraging the Data power in adding innovation value to business strategic decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Cloud ‘big data’ technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- 4th & 5th University Students Majoring in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field
- Proficiency in relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Proficient in object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Basic ML knowledge and ability to interact with the Data Science team
- Experience with building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines and architectures, as well as big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Cairo, Egypt