Internship DescriptionThe intern(s) will be based in the Cairo Resident Office, and are expected to support several teams across the Bank, including Country Economics, Strategy and Policy (CESP); Governance; Capital and Financial Markets Development (CFMD); Gender and Economic Inclusion (GEI) and Banking, to support economic and project analysis.
The intern provides support to the regional and country experts and bankers working on macroeconomic and structural reform analysis, policy advice and investment for the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean region.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or a related field
- Experience and familiarity with the region, including work and/or study experience
- Experience working with economic datasets and knowledge of statistical and econometric software packages
- Strong analytical, numerical and quantitative skills in economic programming and policies
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spreadsheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
- Research and/or work experience in an area of interest to the Bank, including political economy, economics of development, financial economics, international economics, governance, inclusion and macroeconomics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English. Proficiency in Arabic and French is preferred.
Internship DetailsCompany: European Bank
Employment Type: Internship
Duration: 3 Months
Location: Cairo, Egypt