As an Intern at GE HealthCare, every moment partnering with customers is an opportunity to impact the lives of patients. You’ll be the face of our life-changing products, you’ll drive customer satisfaction through excellent service and you’ll help healthcare professionals deliver world-class care to patients using innovative medical technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under supervision, observe evaluation of basic customer biomedical equipment issues, implementation of appropriate repairs, performance of planned maintenance (PM), safety, environmental inspections and maintenance of effective customer relations. Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation, as guided.
- Eventually may assist more experienced engineers on progressive repairs and resolution. Job shadow members of local team that provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
- Observe mentor communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Work on productivity programs with Service delivery team
- Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. May maintain approved parts inventory. Manage vendor's service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed.
- Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment formal instruction.
- Meet Health and Human Services, as well as Environment Health and Safety requirements
- The role requires a commitment of two months
- Currently enrolled in an AS or BS degree with a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
- Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 15 kgs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Complete all planned Quality and Compliance training within the defined deadlines. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.